While no ROM out there will ever be as stable as the stock ROM, having a custom ROM does give you the liberty to sacrifice a few points of stability in order to gain tons of features. As I have been testing custom ROMs for many years, I never stay on a ROM for more than a week, so I’ve tried pretty much every custom ROM there is out there. For your sake, I have cherry-picked the best custom ROMs for Android above. Let us know about your favorite ROM in the comments section below. The ROM is very similar to OxygenOS and brings a lot of customizability options to the point that you might feel overwhelmed. The ROM recently updated its source code for Android 13. Among the custom ROMs, Xtended is one of the few to have support for a long list of devices.
This installation is done through a recovery – a dedicated and bootable partition on your smartphone device that can install new updates too your device. – ROM is nothing but the operating system of the mobile device. Stock ROM is the official firmware of the device manufacturer that goes through rigorous testing and scheduled release cycles. Custom ROM is a uniquely modified firmware developed and built by a third party vendor. However, before you jailbreak your phone http://www.sunturf.co.za/2023/04/26/iris-88-lava-firmware-firmware-everything-you-need/, remember that installing a custom ROM might void the warranty of your mobile device.
- Either way, you can be okay just sticking with your stock kernel unless you really want to change it.
- One of the primary additional feature of an Android device is its ability to allow it’s users to flash new custom ROMs.
- The fun comes in what you can do after your device is rooted.
- It’s fueled by a 3500mAh battery and has fast charging support.
- Flashfire apk is a firmware update tool, especially for Samsung phones.
It is a reliable and feature-rich camera app that is worth trying. Camera Go, also known as GCam Go, is a light version of the Google Camera app made for low end devices. While not as advanced or as good as regular GCam, it might still improve quality over the stock camera quality on some phones.
- It is a reliable and feature-rich camera app that is worth trying.
- Here users should wipe cache, dalvik cache and factory reset their device, which essentially implies cleaning apps and existing firmware.
- Plus, it comes with extra features and other significant benefits.
- So, let us check whether your phone is compatible or not.
To use it, open Night Sight and if 1) it’s dark and 2) the phone is steady (on a table, tripod, etc) it will automatically enable the Astrophotography mode. On some phones, it is enabled but doesn’t support all features needed by GCam. Some brands (ASUS, Xiaomi) don’t have these restrictions at all, so you can use any package name and still have access to all cameras. In this hub you get all available GCam APK ports from various developers. You can scroll down through the list and try one or all of these to find the best suitable APK port of Google camera for your phone. Before you install any GCam on your phone, you may like to see what kind of images people have captured on their Android smartphones.