It can be used to flash a custom ROM or use minor app mods, as well as to create and manage backups. Understanding how TWRP works and what you can do with it will make you far more confident when attempting Android hacks of various kinds. We recommend using Zip file signature verification—this adds a layer of security to your flash able zips—as well as MD5 verification.
Another way is to use an app like Phone Backup Pro that lets you backup the entire phone contents, including contacts, photos, videos, and apps, to a computer. Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro have become the latest additions to the Pixel lineup. The two devices come shipped with Android 13 out of the box and a lot of customization. Google devices have been among the most popular Android devices for custom developments.
- Stephen previously worked as a freelance how-to guide writer for the Android rooting, modding, and custom ROM section at Gadget Hacks.
- So if you face such a scenario, you will have the tools to restore back to the original state.
- Click on the folder icon with Choose, just after Scatter-loading the file.
- To install the OTA file, use the following command in the CMD window (inside platform-tools).
- To make sure that this process works perfectly for you, ensure that your device is powered by a mediatek chipset.
From here, select your backup from the list (it will be named based on the date it was created), then simply swipe the slider at the bottom of the screen. The restore process can take up to 15 minutes, but when it’s done, just tap “Reboot System” and everything will be back the all mobile firmwares way it was. Next, from TWRP’s main menu, start by tapping the “Backup” button. After that, you see a list of check boxes—make sure that the “Boot,” “System,” and “Data” options are selected here. Finally, just swipe the slider at the bottom of the screen to start the backup process, which can take as long as 15 minutes. When it’s done, simply tap “Reboot System” to wrap things up. Installing TWRP without a PC can be done using the official TWRP app.
- The DZ file, which is likewise packaged inside the KDZ file, contains the Boot.img files for the LG Firmware.
- Have you flashed a custom ROM on your Android device that you do not like anymore?
- You can use first-party methods from Google and Microsoft or rely on third-party apps, including Swift Backup or Dropbox.
- No matters what smartphone you have, it will work the same for all android phones.
Therefore, you need to make sure that the ‘Helium’ application is installed on your computer as well. The desktop version for Helium app is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. If you are Windows users, you will have to install additional drivers corresponding to your smartphone model. The drivers are available on the official website of the Helium app.